It is very important to clean your make up brushes. I found that if I do not clean my brushes regularly then the quality of my make up look becomes poor. I am going to give you a step by step guide of how I clean my brushes. I learnt this method from JuicyStar07
1. Gather everything you need: Shampoo, Sponge, Running water and of course your dirty brushes!
2. Run water onto your sponge and squeeze shampoo onto it also (you will have to repeat this step every 1-3 brushes, depending on how dirty they are).
3. Rub your round brushes on the sponge in a circular motion (blush, bronzer, blending brushes etc) until the soapy water runs clear.
4. Rub your flat brushes in a backwards and forwards motion on the sponge (foundation, eyeliner, flat shading brushes etc) until the soapy water runs clear.
5. Ensure your brushes are no longer producing any colour and then leave them to dry!
It’s really as easy as that! I have just a couple of extra tips..
- Ensure that you don’t get any water at the base of the bristles (where they meet the metal joining) as this can cause them to loosen and fall out.
- I recommend you do this about once a week.