A huge makeup sale was held a couple of weeks ago at the ASB Showgrounds in Auckland. The sale is held every few months and this one was bigger and better than ever!
I went along with my mom while she was visiting and we both picked up some goodies! I managed to snag so many great bargains I even went back a second time with my friend April.
I had a shoot coming up that I wanted to pick up some supplies for as well as any other discounted bits I could incorporate into my professional kit. The shoot was Grecian themed so bronze and gold shades were required! I managed to find a really great Revlon bronzer and L’oreal gold eyeshadow palette. They came in handy for the shoot!
With these types of sales you never know if you’re getting the real deal or what the quality of these products will be like but I’m happy to say I came out with some great high quality products.
These sales can be quite a daunting experience so read my tips and you’ll come out happy!
- Do NOT take your handbag. They don’t allow them inside and will make you leave them outside in an unguarded pile of discarded handbags.
- Go when you have plenty of time to spare. These things get pretty crowded so you never know how long you’ll have to wait in line.
- Wear comfortable, and maybe even closed shoes! People will be pushing, they’ll be shoving and they’ll stand on your feet to get the last lipstick! I mistakenly wore ballet flats and ended up with a bruised foot.
- Go with a list. Have in mind what you want to buy and how much you want to spend. Of course you should allow yourself to pick up a few fun extra products that you might not have thought of but don’t go overboard. There is so much stuff there that it’s easy to get carried away.
- Take a close look at the price and think about whether or not it is actually cheaper than in the stores. I picked up some really great products but I did notice quite a lot of items that weren’t discounted at all!
- Finally and most importantly, take a friend and enjoy yourself! These sales can get pretty hectic but it’s all about having fun with your girlfriends and snagging some great bargains so enjoy it!
Did you go to the makeup sale? What did you buy?
Do you have any tips about surviving these kinds of sales?